Cyclekart progress, Dec. 5, 2009

cyclekart, making room for the front suspension
I had to carve away some chunks of the body to make way for various protrusions of the front suspension. I used a router, and a bit of chiseling to do this. The other side of the kart is similar, but not done quite as well (the side shown here was the 2nd side I did, I got a bit better with practice.)

cyclekart front end
Here’s the framerail in position, showing how the various parts of the suspension fit into the holes I’ve cut out.

cyclekart with framerails on, with front springs

Here’s the kart with the frame rails (barely) bolted on, with the front axle in place (though it’s just resting there, not bolted on — I haven’t found the right u-bolts for that yet, and also, I think I may want some tie-rods to keep the front axle from moving in undesirable ways.)

It’s coming together, slowly but surely.

~ by scaryreasoner on December 5, 2009.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: