Key/Alarm fob integration project update

Jan 22, 2011 — Got my first parts printed! Turns out there are a number of problems with it. First of all, for the parts which fit together, I didn’t leave enough play for them to actually fit together. And, I don’t think I made the thing quite big enough to contain the alarm fob. And the thing is a bit big and unweildy.

I did find out I can take the original alarm fob apart and get the electronic guts out of it unharmed, and so now I’m thinking to redesign the whole thing with this in mind instead of trying to encapsulate the fully assembled alarm fob in a plastic jacket which also holds the key. Instead, I think I can replace the plastic alarm fob casing with a completely new casing. It does mean I’ll have to figure out how to make some kind of buttons, and if I want some kind of water resistance… I’ll have to come up with something, maybe put the electronics inside a balloon or something. Anyway, a little video:

watch on youtube

~ by scaryreasoner on January 22, 2011.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: